|PURPOSE OF THE JOB
• Manage, execute and monitor sales activities via channel partners in designated territory, to achieve key objectives, related to coverage, distribution & availability, product visibility, sales volumes, market
share and overall VPM business goals.
• Build and leverage territory understanding by collecting and analysing relevant market and partner information to identify business opportunties within territory; and to propose initiatives to address those opportunities.
• Maximize sales, distribution and visibility of VPM brands in covered wholesale universe and flawlessly execute Wholesale / POS related programs within budget allocation.
• To be responsible for the assigned wholesale customers, establish and maintain effective, professional relations with the wholesale trade to make VPM the preferred partner over time
• Manage Team(s) Micro Distributor Salesman (MDS) , placed under the selected WHS Partner, this to penetrate underlying Sub Wholesalers and selected POS’s to reach required LAS
• Total Employees under your overall supervision: Theoretically, one WHS Executive position will be responsible for 6 MDS, placed in a universe of 4 to 6 WHS Partners.
• Target list of brands / SKU’s will be communicated per appointed /targeted (S)WHS
• Allocation of budget / volume will be confirmed after position in place. Working territory could be split over more than 1 Province(s).
ACCOUNTABILITIES TERRITORY MANAGEMENT:
– Build in-depth territory understanding by conducting regular routed market visits in assigned territories
– Conduct In-call Mission during planned visits (wholesalers & sub-distributors) to monitor market situation, sales performance and other KSIs
– Deploy trade census as required and ensure timely completion and a high standard of quality and accuracy
– Perform regular analysis of customer information gathered and propose action plans to address business opportunities and/or threats.
– Design optimum coverage of wholesale outlets for self in assigned territory to maximize impact of investment in their outlets.
– Design optimum coverage of Sub-Wholesale and Key POS’s for allocated MDS in assigned territory to maximize impact of investment in their outlets
– Monitor territory performance and provide regular reports/updates to supervisor
– Monitor emergence of new wholesale customers, track performance of existing ones and update route plans to maximize coverage efficiency
PRODUCT VISIBILITY / PPOSM PLACEMENT
• Execute product visibility, P/TPOSM placement and other cycle activities in covered Wholesale outlets in accordance with Merchandising Guidelines to ensure effective brand communication in covered wholesalers and MDS covered POS’s + (S)WHS
SALES & DISTRIBUTION
• Achieve sales objectives of total VPM portfolio towards the assigned wholesaler according to the agreed plan
• Create and maintain daily/weekly/monthly sales plans in order to achieve the monthly volume targets
• Introduce any New VPM brand(s) to the assigned wholesalers and ensure that its distribution and handling is achieved
• Support Supervisor in preparation of sales forecasts for assigned customers in order to achieve sales and stock targets
• Coordinate shipment and logistic of deliveries within assigned territory with appointed LSP / EZD.
• Maximize availability and minimize OOS of VPM portfolio in the assigned wholesalers, and MDS covered (S)WHS as well POS expansion outlets
• Ensure optimal VPM portfolio stock level (based on Sell-through requirements) at all territory levels to maximize distribution and sell-out to LAS
• Conduct regular random market audits to measure performance against KSIs of each territory
BUILD PARTNERSHIP WITH CUSTOMERS
– Develop and maintain good professional relationships with relevant sales operations personnel of SDs and appointed wholesalers within territory to establish partner profiles and enhance business cooperation
– Closely manage channel partners to drive sales & brand growth within assigned territory
TRADE ENGAGEMENT & BUSINESS BUILDING ACTIVITIES
– Proactively propose relevant business building activities for territory or customers based on territory analysis to supervisor
– Deploy approved wholesale and/ or retail programs and monitor execution quality of channel partners
– During market visits, engage with retailers to impart product knowledge and information relevant to business building objectives
• Accurately collect required data on product flow, sales performance, pricing, and stock level. Update complete business information in customer database, report all in call mission activities and market
• Accurately collect all relevant information from the wholesaler concerning prices and sales figures. Based on this data, plan and propose sales objectives for wholesaler in coordination with his supervisor
• Where allocated; ensure proper maintenance and protection of the electronic devices provided by the company as well confidentiality on database / figures / plans.
• Report other TMO activities in order to tweak / adapt our programs swiftly
MANAGEMENT & DEVELOPMENT OF MICRO DISTRIBUTION SALES (MDS) TEAM:
– Plan working schedule in a way of prioritizing support of sales team field execution via process of coaching and training on the job on a monthly basis
– Assess team and individual performance to Identify the gap and provide the respective improvement plan individually
– Understand people in the team to utilize the strengths by putting the right person in the right position
– Motivate and appraise people’ performance appropriately together with create a disciplinary working attitude in order to have a fair working environment among sales team members
– Build up morale, teamwork and competitive working spirit
– Control and maintain the stability of manpower
– Ensure employees are held accountable on company’s compliance policy and practices.
• Selected WHS partners shall purchase VPM products through / from proposed partners with a margin which might be temporarily less attractive vs. other channels / locations they buy from at the moment
of Activation. However, incentives proposed by achieving set KPI’s should result in longer term beneficial gains for these WHS with the goal to let them stop purchasing from other channels / territories
• Sell-through from WHS to SWHS and covered POS’s needs close monitoring to avoid slippage cross-territory, avoiding collector schemes and other disturbing practices.
• Allocated geography might require re-allocation from current posting location. Read full Job Descriptions